We’re looking for two enthusiastic individuals to help us navigate into a healthy future. We’re looking for two Young Wayfinders. This is an exciting opportunity as part of the Government’s Kickstart Scheme. To be eligible to apply you must;
- be 16-24 year old
Be claiming Universal Credit
Ask for a referral from your job coach
This role is part-time at 25 hours per week and includes flexible working.
The payment is £10.85 per hour (London Living Wage).
The contract is for 6 months from the start date.
This is mostly a remote role, with some face-to-face depending on what is possible. We’ll provide you with a laptop for the duration.
The deadline to apply is Monday 3rd May at midnight.
- We will organise a start date with successful applicants following the application deadline.
ABOUT THE VISIONARIES
The Visionaries has a ‘rewilding’ ethos of connection, communication and reflection as well-being practices which we hold at the core of connection with schools. We are driven by our desire to connect our internal world with the outer world of nature and are especially interested in the way this work can help to create school environments in which learning is carried out with all (staff and students) in a spirit of wonder and experimental curiosity.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for two enthusiastic, open-minded people, who are willing to embrace a new challenge, a new adventure even…. We’ll explore your specific focus with you (depending on your skills & interests). However here are some aspects we’d like you to undertake;
- Leading on establishing a youth council – We want your help bringing together a group of wise youth to help steer our organisation in the right direction. If our work is in service of the next generation, we better have their voices equally represented in our leadership!
- Supporting our Marketing efforts – We need your help designing creative content, managing our social media accounts and creating awesome content.
- Conducting desk-based research projects – As an organisation we’re constantly learning. Together with your help, we’d like to deepen our research with young people, with similar organisations in our networks, and find the right funders to support our mission.
- Supporting youth camp activities – We host really awesome camping experiences (when not locked down!), so you’ll provide a helping hand at these. No previous experience in this kind of thing is needed!
This is not an exhaustive list and the job may entail other responsibilities depending on the applicant’s skills, experience and interests.
This placement is for two 16-24 year olds who are currently claiming universal credit. We can only accept applications from candidates who have applied via their DWP Work coach. If you are interested in our placement, please speak with your DWP work coach.
- An interest in social impact and making a positive contribution to the communities we live in
- Creating content (could be visual, audio, written)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Organised, Proactive + self-motivated to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive attitude, open-minded with a willingness to learn
- Ability to work well & efficiently unsupervised and be willing to work remotely online
- Excited about tackling the challenges and inequalities of the education system
- An interest in nature
- A fair competence in social media management and content creation
- Experience or knowledge in marketing & communications, including marketing analytics software
We’re open to non-conventional experience and expertise. We don’t require any specific educational qualifications, but we do need an understanding of what you can bring to the team.
We want this to be an opportunity for you to ‘kickstart’ your career: by giving you experience within a small social enterprise, and the opportunity to develop the skills and expertise you need to move a step closer to your career goals. We’ll also provide you with practical advice and skills around employability and career progression.
We strongly encourage applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnicity candidates, from women and we also encourage applications from people with other diversities and from people with disabilities.
YOUR LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT
We’re part of a Kickstart Gateway group, comprising a wide network of brilliant social enterprises, all hiring Kickstart employees. As such we have a large network for you to tap into and use to explore different careers, as well as to access a variety of training opportunities.
Examples of training could be around building a marketing strategy, learning how to design and lead a workshop or confidence building. However, we’re keen to tailor our support to meet your needs and interests, so will work with you to find training that is most useful to your career development.
We can also provide coaching and employability skills building – such as CV support, facilitation training, wilderness skills, interview practise and more.
HOW TO APPLY
We want to be open and flexible with our recruitment, so that you can showcase yourself in whichever way feels best for you, as well as giving us a chance to assess some key skills.
Please email email@example.com addressing the following 2 points;
- Concisely outline how you’d be a great fit for the role, share with us anything you are proud of, or anything that has been instrumental in your development. This could be a school project, a portfolio, your website, a project you’ve set up or been involved with, perhaps some other transformative experience you hold close?
- Provide answers to the activities and questions in this Work Sample document.
The deadline to apply is midnight on Monday 3rd May. We will let you know whether we’d like to invite you for interview by Monday 10th May.
We will work to support any accessibility requirements you may have, so please don’t hesitate to let us know if you need any support at the application stage.