Regenerative Educator Training #2: An Ecosystems Approach To Wellbeing
A 1-day training weaving the personal with the systemic to support educators, youth workers and young people to be healthy, happy and engaged.
Tuesday 31st May 2022
Location: School 360, Sugar House Lane, Stratford, E15 2QS
“Nikki’s workshop was invaluable for me to hone the content of my work and evaluate what worked, what didn’t and how I could improve and develop my delivery. It was a productive and safe environment in which to test my ideas.” – Chris, Youth Worker
‘It takes a village to raise a child.’ – This African proverb invites us to enquire into the role the entire community plays in supporting children and young people to thrive. The village must also be well to raise a healthy child! If you agree with us, then this training is for you.
Whether your ‘village’ is a school, a youth centre, alternative youth organisation or family setting, the ecosystem you create around a young person is a huge determinant of their wellbeing.
Join us to explore how to create a nurturing culture that supports the youth and adults in your community to thrive and feel a deeper sense of belonging.
‘Wellbeing can be understood as how people feel and how they function, both on a personal and a social level, and how they evaluate their lives as a whole.”
– New Economics Foundation
This is for you if…
- You work with young people (12-25) in a mainstream or alternative education or youth work setting
- You want wellbeing to be at the heart of what you do each day
- You are a teacher or youth worker on the frontline supporting young people’s wellbeing, but feel unequipped and overwhelmed with the level of need
- You wish to support your own wellbeing so you can show up fully in your work with young people
- You want to empower young people to be holistically well and thrive
- You want to be more confident when a young person comes to you for help
- You want to understand the deeper systemic causes behind our collective ill health
What’s on offer?
This 1 day training will be a facilitated enquiry and learning space to explore how to bring wellbeing into the heart of your youth setting. You’ll be supported to find effective ways to look after your own wellbeing, your colleagues and that of the young people in your care.
Having been a wellbeing practitioner in schools over the last 6 years, Nikki has learned that wellbeing works best when we model it ourselves, when we create wellbeing leaders across the whole ecosystem, make it accessible and woven into the existing fabric of the culture.
This day will give you the space to create your own holistic wellbeing toolbox and explore easy ways to weave wellbeing into the everyday culture of your organisation.
You can expect
Self and collective enquiry: How do we create a culture of wellbeing? What does it mean to be well individually/collectively? What does holistic education look like? How does tending to our wellbeing have a positive impact in communities we are part of?
Appreciative Inquiry: A way of looking at organisational change which focuses on identifying and doing more of what is already working, rather than looking for problems and trying to fix them.
Building a holistic wellbeing toolbox: We will explore the tools and techniques we have been using in our work over the past 10 years such as Ways to Wellbeing, Positive Psychology, Talking Circles, and share a bank of resources, recommended organisations and inspiration. Together these will give you many simple ways to weave wellbeing into the everyday culture.
- To learn ways to support your own wellbeing
- To reflect on and better justify what you are already doing well
- To develop a holistic wellbeing strategy with the resources available to you
- To meet like minded people, share best practices and learn together
- To have space away from your everyday to reflect
- To feel more equipped to give young people an opportunity to have agency and regenerative leadership