A one week adventure in the UK wilderness for teenagers and young adults who want to live life on their terms and help build a better future for our world*
*this programme has the potential to lead to future paid work guiding with The Visionaries (if desired)
- 16-30 and hungry to make a change in the world we live in?
- Want to take ownership of your future and live life on your terms?
- Up for a week-long wild adventure with up to 20 other visionary young adults, living off-grid (no electricity), immersed in nature?
- Able to pay £480, find someone else to pay, or apply for a bursary?
STILL TRYING TO DECIDE?
THIS EXPERIENCE IS FOR YOU IF YOU…
- Are frustrated by how much school didn’t teach you
- Want more support with your ongoing self and personal development journey
- Believe there is a better way, for you, and other young people and your concerns to be heard and taken seriously
- Care about social justice, climate breakdown and/or mental health
- Love to try to act on your dreams or concerns, not just talk about them
- Would like to create a happier, healthier future world, not species extinction
- Crave time and space to relax in nature, connect with inspiring new people and feed your imagination and creativity
- Feel exhausted after all the challenges of Covid-times
- Want a chance to celebrate yourself and reset
- Think there is magic everywhere if we just look for it
- Think Covid might not just be the end of something but also the beginning
- Want to be able to model not only strength but also relationship ability
- Believe change also begins from the bottom of the ladder of power and not just top down
THIS EXPERIENCE IS NOT FOR YOU IF YOU…
- Hate the outdoors
- Would rather be a sheep than a shepherd
- Are totally cool with the way things are in the world
- Expect things to magically change because someone else fixed it
- Never wonder about questions like “Who are you?”, “Why are you here?”, and “Why is there so much conflict?”
- Don’t think there’s any relationship between your health and that of the wider community
- Couldn’t imagine a week without creature comforts and home luxuries
OK, I’M INTERESTED. SO, WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
- Community living – you’ll be getting a chance to live, work and form real human connections with like-minded young people. Shaping the way you want to live and coexist for the week
- Space to grow and be yourself – In addition to community living this change of pace from your day-to-day life will give you:
- Time to enjoy some solitude
- Space to reflect on your purpose/place in the world
- A change of scenery to help inspire your journey of self-discovery
- Resourcing and sustaining your mental health – This last year has made maintaining our mental health extremely difficult. During this one week adventure we’ll provide you with guidance, tools and practical ways to maintain your mental wellbeing in your daily life
- Connecting with nature – Whether its a mountain walk, wild swimming or sitting round the fire, you’ll get a chance to be closer to nature than ever before, learning about the environment we inhabit and the best ways to take care of it
- Develop ideas for the future – As part of this adventure we would like to encourage you to step into your visionary self: exploring the edge of what we know by developing ideas that’ll positively help the world, and figuring out how to execute them