The Visionaries is committed to promoting equal opportunities for its employees and service users. We value diversity and encourage fairness and justice. We are committed to social, racial and environmental justice, working and recruiting in alignment with our Guiding Principles.
To achieve this:
- We will treat all employees, job applicants and volunteers fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership.
- We will not make any requirement or condition without justification which could disadvantage individuals purely on any of the above grounds. The policy applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer and every other aspect of employment.
- We will offer services fairly to all people, ensuring that anyone in contact with the organisation is treated with respect.
- We will make reasonable adjustments to enable people with disabilities to use our services.
- We will comply with the Equality Act 2010
- We will ensure mechanisms are in place for responding to complaints of discrimination and harassment from staff, volunteers and the public.
- We will make this policy known to all staff, job applicants, volunteers and service users.
The Directors will oversee the implementation of this policy and this policy will be reviewed every two years.